Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Little Like Your Great Aunt Mavis


Last year, and this year, I pledged to make everyone something handmade.  I almost made it, except for my colleagues at work.  The problem with handmade stuff is that it’s really difficult to make something for the men.  Unless they really love socks.  A lot.
Here’s what I made for my mother’s partner.  Photographs are always a safe bet, and I figure they don’t mind what kind of frame they come in anyway.  So I knit one.  It was pretty easy.  Even though I kind of felt like a knit picture frame is the sort of thing you see in in the fixed-rent apartment of an ancient maiden aunt.
The pattern came from a Ravelry user. 
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/photo-frames
I used a picture from a hike the three of us went on the last time they last came to visit taken with my cell phone.  The result:3percent

No comments:

Post a Comment