Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Almost as good as a pedicure…

 

Actually, no.  My feet are disgusting and the last time I got a pedicure, I needed another one two days later.  But along the lines of rejuvenating old and cracked things, I came upon this DIY update for an old pair of flip flops (the ones you find a pile of in your closet every spring and wonder “why did I buy 3 pairs of these?”, knowing secretly that the answer is “Because they were $4”). 

http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/07/flip-flop-refashion-part-1-braided-straps.html

other3percent 029 other3percent 030 Pay no attention to my disgusting heels! 

So, this little project basically cost me a few drops of hot glue.  You may notice in the original DIY that they used a five-stranded braid.  I have no time for such things, so my braid is the original, upstanding three-stranded variety.  Going to give them a try this week and we’ll see if they fall apart, or fall off.

No comments:

Post a Comment