Monday, August 6, 2018

Something New

Well, it's been a long while since my angry tirade against the wedding industry.

As it turns out, I managed to have a pretty uncommercial wedding.  My biggest expenses were the food (which was fine), and the photography (which I haven't seen yet, but the photog was a lovely addition to the day).  Otherwise, the day went about as well as I could have expected, with strange family dynamics, my inability to plan beyond a big picture, and the fact that I felt like I was melting under the mountain of tulle I chose to wear way back in January when it was chilly outside.  Seriously, I could have grown orchids in the tropical swamp under my skirt.

Many people warned me of the letdown I would feel after the big day.  I suppose I was fortunate in that basically as soon as I returned home from my nuptials, I caught the flu.  As soon as I could no longer focus on planning and organizing one of the biggest events in my life, I had to focus on getting better, so I guess that was good.

But now that I'm not so focused on my immediate health or one solitary event sometime in "the future," I am considering the next "what's next?"

Goals for the future (near and long-term):
1. Get down a morning and night-time routine - I've been reading more about Ayurveda and while I'm not ready to give up dairy, I can get down with self-massage and meditation on the regular.
2. Audition for a musical - audition booked.  Songs chosen.  Memory of previous audition failure almost faded.
3. Get out of debt - weddings are expensive, yo.
4. Encapsulate and insulate the crawl space - living room is COLD in the winter, yo.
5. Gratitude journal - one of the happiest times in my adult life was my #100happydays journey.  Working on being grateful might help me feel grateful, no?

Some goals may conflict.  Most are SMART.  Maybe I'm getting this thing called life?

No comments:

Post a Comment