Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Low-Fat Weight Gain Solution

Abracadaiquiri Pie (Crazy Plates)

I love sweetened condensed milk. It’s a problem. A big one. Obviously, as a result, this “low-fat” pie actually added to my waistline than aided in its reduction. Hrmph.

1 cup crushed, low-fat graham crackers
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp light butter or margarine, melted
1 can (14-oz) low-fat sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup frozen daiquiri mix concentrate, thawed
1 cup frozen strawberries in light syrup, thawed
2 cups light frozen whipped topping, thawed

1. To make crust, combine graham crumbs, sugar, and butter in a small bowl. Spray an 8” springform pan with non-stick spray. Press crumb mixture evenly over bottom of pan. Place crust in freezer while you prepare filling.

IMG-20120104-00295 As you can see, I didn’t melt the butter. This was a mistake. Because instead of a crust, I had a fine powder on the bottom of the delicious pie filling. Comme ça:

IMG-20120104-00296 2. Beat sweetened condensed milk and daiquiri mix on low speed of electric mixer. Add strawberries and beat again until well blended. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.

IMG-20120104-00297 3. To serve, run a knife around the edge of pan and remove sides. Garnish individual pieces with fresh strawberries, if desired. I didn’t desire.

IMG-20120104-00298 3percent 078 If you look at the ingredient list, you’ll notice that a can of condensed milk is actually 14 oz. This is the equivalent of one-and-a-bit cans of condensed milk in my grocery store. The result is that I had over half a can leftover. Which I ate. Out of the can. With a spoon. I hate myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment