Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Post-Christmas Peppermint

Peppermint Swirl Cupcakes

(http://bestfriendsforfrosting.com/2011/10/chocolate-peppermint-cupcakes-recipe/)

There’s a cupcake expert in my town. She makes awesome cupcakes. I don’t want to best her. But I want my cupcakes to look slightly less like crapcakes in comparison. Here’s a photojournal of my first attempt at non-crapcakes.

3percent 081 3percent 082

3percent 083

3percent 084

3percent 085 Check out my one mutant cupcake.

3percent 086 Ah, hell. They’re all mutants.

3percent 087 3percent 088 3percent 089 3percent 091 This was the least mutant-y of my cupcakes.

I think what happened was that a. I overpoured one, thus underpouring slightly on all of them, and b. the batter (by nature of the recipe) was super liquidy. Like. Very. Though it produced a very moist cupcake, it also produced a batch of cakes with divots in them. This was made up for with extra icing.

Sidenote: I’m always left with buckets of leftover icing. This recipe was almost bang on with the quantity of icing to cupcake. Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment