Friday, September 23, 2011

Drinking on a Tuesday

Back Bay Cocktail (International Bartender's Guide)

There are definitely days that call for a weekday cocktail. Last Tuesday night was one of them. I've been searching for my signature drink for some time now, trying new things on a semi-regular basis and stocking a hilariously diverse "bar" (aka the top of my livingroom shelving unit). The International Bartender's Guide, purchased from a really awesome local bookstore , has been my go-to for recipes lately.

I started with this:


2 oz (4 tbsp) Jamaican Rum
1 oz (2 tbsp) brandy
1/2 oz (1 tbsp) peach brandy
1 tsp lime juice


Now, I didn't have Jamaican rum, and neither did my local liquor store, so I settled for whatever Bacardi is. And it took some creative and loosely translated Wikipedia work to get Peach Schnapps from peach brandy. And that lime wedge had certainly seen better days than the ones it had seen lately in the bottom of my fridge, but I soldiered on.

Shake all ingredients with ice and strain ino old-fashioned glass half-filled with cracked ice.

The result was this:


I think the sweetness of the schnapps makes this drink. I'm not a rum kinda girl. And even the brandy is a bit...authoritative. There's just enough schnapps in here to make this a lady-like cocktail (read: cocktail for a big baby).

Happy Weeknight!

No comments:

Post a Comment